We host this after school program once a week in the Carriage House at the Susan B. Anthony House.
We offer activities that focus on our great neighborhood.
We involve the House and stories of Susan B Anthony in everything we do together.
We include a snack, sharing time, an activity, and a project. The project may be ongoing from month to month.
We welcome elementary school age kids to sign up for this program.
We welcome middle school and high school kids to assist with the program - it is a great source of volunteer hours.
The program meets on Tuesdays from 3:00 to 5:00 pm when school is in session.
Goals of Susan B. Anthony Neighborhood Connections
- Bringing neighborhood young people to the Susan B. Anthony House.
- Using Susan B. Anthony's story to inspire young people.
Inspiring young people to have pride in the neighborhood, pride in Susan B. Anthony, and pride in one's self.
- Camera project
- Music project
- Tour and scavenger hunts
- Conversation and storytelling over refreshments
- Homework assistance
- Special assistant opportunities(volunteer experience, mentoring, etc.)
- Inspring young people to do something to make a difference in their lives and in their community.
- Neighborhood clean up campaigns
- Presentation of camera/music projects
If you would like to learn more about this program, please contact Annie Callanan